Legal Assistance Frequently Asked Questions

Thousands Of Clients Helped Since 1998 at the Law Offices of M. John Strafaci

m john strafaci answered frequently asked questions new london ctIf you are seeking legal assistance, Attorney John Strafaci will take the time during your initial consultation to answer all your questions and help you decide the best course of action for your unique situation. In the meantime, we’ve listed some of our most commonly asked questions here for you to peruse.

Don’t see your question listed here? Feel free to ask us by calling our offices at 860.442.8667 or clicking here for our online contact form.

What are my legal options if I am injured in an accident in an accident?

In the modern legal age there are several methods for finding relief if you are injured in an accident. It may be preferable to file a formal lawsuit, go to mediation, or seek some other legal recourse. One strategy will not be perfect for everyone. Insurance companies frequently attempt to take advantage of individuals that do not know all of their legal options. Attorney Strafaci and his staff have extensive in a variety of legal solutions and pride themselves on matching the right solution to the right client.

Why is it important if my accident happens at a tribal casino or I have an employment issue with a tribal casino?

Having an accident or an employment dispute at a tribal casino can have unexpected complications that many law firms are not equipped to handle. Accidents and employment disputes at tribal casinos often fall under “tribal jurisdiction”. This means that you may have to bring your claim in a special court system on the tribal reservation. If you want to be successful in bringing your claim, you will want a lawyer with experience and legal certification in tribal courts to bring your claim. Attorney Strafaci is certified to practice in tribal courts and he and his legal team have decades of experience winning successful lawsuits in such court systems.

What is a contingent fee?

A contingent fee is a payment for legal services in which you only pay if there is a favorable result. At the Law Offices of M. John Strafaci, we use a contingent fee for our personal injury cases.

What should I do after I have been injured in an accident?

If you think you have been injured in an accident, you should do several things to increase your chances of getting a successful claim. First, create a record. Collect any documentation of the accident, including medical records, police reports, or anything else that you might think is valuable. You should also take pictures of your injuries and possibly the scene of the accident. Most importantly, you should consult an attorney immediately. Personal injury claims often have fairly short statutes of limitations. This means that if you do not file a timely lawsuit, you may lose the ability to bring your claim.